Dickinson County Healthcare in Iron Mountain, MI, merged with the Marshfield Clinic Healthcare System and is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Hematologist/Oncologist to join our Robust Healthcare Team in Michigan’s central Upper Peninsula.
TYPE OF ORGANIZATION: Non-Profit, 49 bed Rural Hospital/Rural Clinics, Acquiring Level 4 Trauma
REASON FOR OPENING: Growth!
ONSITE SPECIALTIES INCLUDE (~80 Providers): Anesthesiology, Cardiology, 24 hour Board Certified Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Hospitalists, Internal Medicine, Neurology- EMG, Nephrology/Dialysis, OB/Gyn, Occupational Medicine, Oncology/Hematology, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Radiation Oncology, Radiology/Imaging (CT, MRI & X-Ray), Sleep Medicine, Urology, and Wound Clinic and Hyperbaric Medicine
- NO CALL
- Onsite Radiation Oncology
- Advanced imaging and equipment!
- Single Outpatient Clinic – No offsite clinic travel
- 50% Hematology/50% Oncology practice mix
- ~14 patients/day (1 hour visits for new patients)
- Excellent Support/Nursing Staff
- Open to full time or part time Providers
- New Grads welcome to apply!
SALARY: Extremely generous!
- Competitive 2 year guaranteed salary
- Competitive bonus and/or stipend during training
- 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks CME
- $5,800 CME annual allowance
- Health, dental, life, disability, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Fully funded Retirement Plan; 401(k) Plan; & 457(b) Plan
- Fully Funded Relocation
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY:
- 3 unique Cities (Iron Mountain, Norway, Kingsford)
- 27,472 People
- 766 square miles of Land
- 6,400 acres of Lakes
- 645 miles of Rivers
- 0 hours of Traffic
Dickinson County is located in the Central Upper Peninsula of Michigan, bordering Northwestern Wisconsin and tucked between the endless Fresh Coast shorelines of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
It’s a Community that is very family oriented, friendly and safe with a low crime rate. Education is a high priority with many school systems from which to choose – both public and private. Secondary Education is also locally accessible at Bay West College in Iron Mountain and Northern Michigan University in Marquette. We work closely with both colleges, providing a site for clinical rotations for many of their healthcare related programs.
If you’re seeking an exciting life outside of work you’ll have endless year-round outdoor recreational opportunities to choose from that cover the entire scope of relaxed activities to extreme sports right here in Dickinson County! Golfing, skiing, hunting/fishing, snowmobiling, riding ATV/UTV’s, hiking, yoga, canoeing/kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, biking and unique and fascinating history attractions, are just a few of our options to choose from!
We are rural, but not remote! Ford Airport in Kingsford is serviced by Delta Airlines and has two flights daily to Detroit, Michigan and Minneapolis, Minnesota for easy access the rest of the World! If you prefer to drive, a 90-minute drive puts you in Green Bay, Wisconsin and a five hour drive gets you to Chicago’s more urban lifestyle or the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area.
Location/Region: Iron Mountain, MI (49801)