Iron River Care Center is a home-like skilled nursing facility located in the most beautiful area of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. This lovely home has the highest star-rating for health inspections in the county and is 4-star rated overall with an extremely stable work force. We have a great retention rate because we embody the best of a “work family”.
Iron River, MI is a wonderful place to live and work. From nature in abundance if you’re a hunter, fisher, skier or outdoor person to tons of social activities and community events to a quiet setting – Iron River, MI has it all.
- Top notch assessment and evaluation skills with strong clinical judgement and ability to lead the clinical team for positive resident outcomes.
- People person; visible leader with hands-on approach tempered with ability to delegate duties to other team members.
- Working knowledge of the federal regulations, or how to access to them.
- Participates in hiring, progressive education/discipline and evaluating employees; oversee onboarding of nursing staff.
- Good fiscal governance for nursing budget.
- Oversee and delegate duties of Wound Program and Infection Control Program
- Reviews pharmacy, dietary, physician consults and response per standards of practice.
- Key member of the Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Committee; assist/direct Performance improvement Projects (PIPs) to drive Quality Measures; evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to objectives and report to QAPI and/or Administrator.
- Proactively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues; identifies training needs with QAPI Committee and oversees required nursing staff education for successful completion of clinical competencies; ensures annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed. Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Assists Administrator with investigation and resolution of residents/family/employee concerns or complaints including regulatory needs.
- Oversees the nurse schedule and nursing assignments. May review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
- Approves MDS/RAI process; knowledge of PDPM, base line care plans and person-centered care.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
• Valid RN license in the state of Michigan
• Valid CPR certification.
Experience Three years successful DON or supervisory experience, preferably Skilled Nursing.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and demographic.
Contact: Send your confidential CV or resume to Benjamin at firstname.lastname@example.org
330 Lincoln Avenue, Iron River, MI 49935
About this company
Home-like 69-bed skilled nursing facility located in beautiful Iron River, MI. We specialize in short-term rehabilitation and long-term care. Our home is the most highly rated for health inspections in the county and we are 4-star overall and headed for 5-star! We are a true work family - we all pull together and take pride in the care we give our residents and their families.
Location/Region: Iron River, MI (49935)