We're in GROWTH MODE! Dickinson County Healthcare System, in Iron Mountain, Michigan, is looking for a BE/BC Rheumatologist to build a hospital employed Rheumatology Practice with us.
What sets us apart?
- NO WEEKENDS
- State-of-the-Art Imaging Services
- You can build a customized Hospital supported Rheumatology practice with us!
- No local competition and a 50,000+ service area population = untapped potential!
- Exceptional work/life balance!
- Considering full or part time Physicians
- Collegial and very supportive Team
- Strong and financially stable Independent Healthcare System!
- ALL Practice decisions are made locally with Physician input
- Onsite Lab and Pharmacy
ONSITE SPECIALTY SUPPORT INCLUDES: Board Certified Anesthesiologists, Cardiology, 24 hour Emergency Medicine Board Certified Physicians, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Hospitalists, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Occupational Medicine, Oncology/Hematology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology- EMG, Nephrology/Dialysis, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Radiation Oncology, Radiology/Imaging, Sleep Medicine, Urology, Wound Clinic and Hyperbaric Medicine
- CME Allowance- $2,500/calendar year + 5 CME Days
- Paid Holidays- 8 designated holidays
- PTO- 5 weeks (prorated to hours worked)
- Relocation- $10k
- Retirement: 401 (a) retirement plan & 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Potential for stipend, loan repayment, and signing bonus
About Our Community
- 3 unique Cities (Iron Mountain, Norway, Kingsford)
- 27,472 People (50K+ People in service area)
- 766 square miles of Land
- 6,400 acres of Lakes
- 645 miles of Rivers
- 0 hours of Traffic
Dickinson County is located in the Central Upper Peninsula of Michigan, bordering Northwestern Wisconsin and tucked between the endless Fresh Coast shorelines of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
It’s a Community that is very family oriented, friendly and safe with a low crime rate. Education is a high priority with many school systems from which to choose – both public and private. Secondary Education is also locally accessible at Bay West College in Iron Mountain and Northern Michigan University in Marquette. We work closely with both colleges, providing a site for clinical rotations for many of their healthcare related programs.
If you’re seeking an exciting life outside of work you’ll have endless year-round outdoor recreational opportunities to choose from that cover the entire scope of relaxed activities to extreme sports right here in Dickinson County! Golfing, skiing, hunting/fishing, snowmobiling, riding ATV/UTV’s, hiking, yoga, canoeing/kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, biking and unique and fascinating history attractions, are just a few of our options to choose from!
We are rural, but not remote! Ford Airport in Kingsford is serviced by Delta Airlines and has two flights daily to Detroit, Michigan and Minneapolis, Minnesota for easy access the rest of the World! If you prefer to drive, a 90-minute drive puts you in Green Bay, Wisconsin and a five hour drive gets you to Chicago’s more urban lifestyle or the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area.
Location/Region: Iron Mountain, MI (49801)