Are you looking for an autonomous Family Medicine practice where YOU truly get to decide the care needs for your patients?
DCHS in Iron Mountain, Michigan, merged with the Marshfield Clinic Healthcare System and is seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine Physician to grow with us.
WHAT SETS US APART?
- Outpatient Rural Practice
- Practice Autonomy!
- Open to subspecialty interests (ie. Geriatrics, Addiction Med)
- Practice decisions are made locally with Physician input
- 18-20 patients per day
- Excellent work/life balance
- Amazing Culture/Collegial Team
- Athena EMR
ONSITE SPECIALTY SUPPORT INCLUDES (~80 Physicians & APC's): Anesthesiology, Cardiology, 24 hour Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, Hospitalists, Internal Medicine, OB/Gyn, Occupational Medicine, Oncology/Hematology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology- EMG, Nephrology/Dialysis, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Radiation Oncology, Radiology/Imaging, Sleep Medicine, Urology, and Wound Clinic & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Competitive 2 year guaranteed salary
- Competitive bonus and/or stipend during training
- 4 weeks of vacation, 2 weeks CME
- $5,800 CME annual allowance
- Health, dental, life, disability, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Fully funded Retirement Plan; 401(k) Plan; & 457(b) Plan
- Up to $20,000 relocation support
About Our Community
- 3 unique Cities (Iron Mountain, Norway, Kingsford)
- 27,472 People (Hospital catchment area is 50K+ people)
- 766 square miles of Land
- 6,400 acres of Lakes
- 645 miles of Rivers
- 0 hours of Traffic
Dickinson County is located in the Central Upper Peninsula of Michigan, bordering Northwestern Wisconsin and tucked between the endless Fresh Coast shorelines of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.
It’s a Community that is very family oriented, friendly and safe with a low crime rate. Education is a high priority with many school systems from which to choose – both public and private. Secondary Education is also locally accessible at Bay West College in Iron Mountain and Northern Michigan University in Marquette. We work closely with both colleges, providing a site for clinical rotations for many of their healthcare related programs.
If you’re seeking an exciting life outside of work you’ll have endless year-round outdoor recreational opportunities to choose from that cover the entire scope of relaxed activities to extreme sports right here in Dickinson County! Golfing, skiing, hunting/fishing, snowmobiling, riding ATV/UTV’s, hiking, yoga, canoeing/kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, biking and unique and fascinating history attractions, are just a few of our options to choose from!
We are rural, but not remote! Ford Airport in Kingsford is serviced by Delta Airlines and has two flights daily to Detroit, Michigan and Minneapolis, Minnesota for easy access the rest of the World! If you prefer to drive, a 90-minute drive puts you in Green Bay, Wisconsin and a five-hour drive gets you to Chicago’s more urban lifestyle or the Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area.
Location/Region: Iron Mountain, MI (49801)